Seafood should be a healthy part of your diet, and eating prawns delivers the nutritional benefits that your body requires! The high protein content in a serving of prawns offers health benefits for your body. A 100g serving of prawns supplies you with 20.3 g of protein. Protein is an essential part of your daily diet because it aids in growth and development. Protein is also useful for boosting your energy level and seafood protein foods should be included in your diet few times a week.
The fat you consume should be mostly unsaturated fats, which can help protect your health. Most seafood is low in saturated fat, especially prawns! One 100g serving of prawns only contains 1.7g of total fat, with only 0.3g of that being saturated. Prawns also contain .49 g of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which benefits your body by helping protect you from heart disease.
Try this healthy prawn stir-fry recipe with the spicy flavours of south-east Asia!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chilli
- 400g raw king prawns
- 150g broccolini, chopped in half
- 150g snow peas, sliced
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Dash of basil spice
- 1 tbs toasted pine nuts
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat and stir-fry the garlic and chilli for a couple of minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until pink.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the broccolini to the pan with a splash of water and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the snow peas and stir in the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and coriander.
- Return the prawns to the wok, mix well, then sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve!
You can also serve this meal with steamed rice and lime wedges to squeeze over!!
Recipe Makes a Total of 16 Serving