- Summer fun outdoor training
- Get fit, lean and energized
- Enjoy the sun
This summer outdoor workout is for people who want to burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time with this fun outdoor circuit training. This workout will get you lean and you are going to train under the sun, and take a break from your busy life!
Make sure to take at least 2L of cold water and a towel for sweating. Prepare to laugh, sweat and feel the burn!
This outdoor summer fun workout will burn calories, tighten your body, and by taking in some fresh air you will feel refreshed and energized.
This workout can be done once or twice per every week to give your body some variety and a bit of change. Not all fitness progress comes from just typical cardio and working out in a gym. Do not bore your body anymore and take it outside once in a while to change things up a little!
I recommend doing 3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise!
WARM UP 10 MINUTE BEACH WALK / JOGG
- Start by walking and slowly increase your intensity to jogging for 10 minutes!
- Lie on the floor face down and place your hands apart while holding your torso up at arms length.
- Lower yourself downward until your chest almost touches the floor as you inhale.
- Now breathe out and press your upper body back up to the starting position while squeezing your chest.
- For this exercise you will need to place a park bench behind your back. With the bench horizontal behind your body, hold onto the bench on its edge with the hands fully extended, separated at shoulder width. The legs will be extended forward, bent at the waist.
- Slowly lower your body as you inhale by bending at the elbows until you lower yourself far enough to where there is an angle slightly smaller than 90 degrees between the upper arm and the forearm. Keep the elbows as close as possible throughout the movement. Forearms should always be pointing down.
- Using your triceps to bring your torso up again, lift yourself back to the starting position.
- Stand with feet together, knees slightly bent, and arms to sides.
- Jump while raising arms and separating legs to sides. Land on forefoot with legs apart and arms overhead. Jump again while lower arms and returning legs to midline. Land on forefoot with arms and legs in original position and repeat.
- Intensity can be increased by jumping faster!
WALKING LUNGES IN SAND
- Stand with your torso upright and go forward with your right leg around 1m or so from the foot being left stationary behind and lower your upper body down, while keeping the torso upright and maintaining balance.
- Using mainly the heel of your foot, push up and go back to the starting position as you exhale.
- Keep walking forward alternating legs.
- Jump squats work the entire lower body with by using explosive movement.
- Begin standing with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Sit your hips back until your knees are bent at 90 degrees.
- Jump straight into the air. Land, returning to the squat position.
SINGLE LEG SQUAT
- Single leg squats target your thigh, butt and core muscles. Doing squats while standing one leg recruits more core muscles to keep your body stabilized.
- Stand in front of a flat bench with your back to the bench. Extend your left leg behind you and place your toes on the bench. Make sure your back is straight and chest is out while performing this exercise.
- Position your arms out the sides for balance.
- Lower your left knee toward the ground until your right knee is bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Lie down on the floor and get your partner to hold your feet. Your legs should be bent at the knees.
- Place your hands in front of you on top of the knees.
- Elevate your upper body so that it creates an imaginary V-shape with your thighs. Breathe out when performing this part of the exercise.
- Once you feel the contraction for a second, lower your upper body back down to the starting position while inhaling.