No lean protein has a more respected reputation than the chicken breast! Specifically boneless, skinless chicken breasts have consistently been at the top of the list of lean proteins to eat for fat loss and lean muscle building!! The vitamin B in chicken breasts is a great source of energy, which is a great health benefit for anyone looking to burn more fat and build lean muscle each day.
Sweet potatoes are also rich in vitamins and are high in carbohydrates to replenish energy after a hard training session!
- 200g Sweet Potatoes, chopped
- 150g Chicken Breast, skinless
- 5ml Macadamia oil
- Fresh oregano
- 2 Cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- Chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Garlic soy sauce
- Asparagus (bunch: 6 spears)
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat and add macadamia oil
- Chop up 2 cloves of garlic and add into the pan
- Place chicken fillets into the frying pan
- Sprinkle chicken breast with sea salt, cracked pepper, oregano and chilli flakes
- Cook on each side for 3-5 minutes till well browned
- Once it’s almost ready, reduce to heat to low and add 1 tbsp garlic soy sauce
- Cook for additional 1 minute
- Simply leave the skin on, as it’s delicious and filled with nutrients
- Using a chopping board and knife, cut the sweet potato into quarters
- Place quartered sweet potatoes, in a pot with enough water to cover them
- Bring water to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until they are soft, for approximately 15-20minutes
- Drain immediately and let them cool down
OPTIONAL: Once the sweet potatoes are boiled, you can place them on a pan with a little bit of macadamia oil, and cook further 3 minutes on each side until golden brown!!
- Heat frying pan over low-medium heat and add macadamia oil
- Place 1 bunch of fresh asparagus into the frying pan (You can also add broccoli, green beans, zucchini etc.) and if you wish add spices: oregano, sea salt, cracked pepper
- Keep turning them and cook for approximately 5 minutes
This meal is ideal for lunch or as a pre workout meal as it contains high quality lean protein, clean carbohydrates and vegetables for fibre!
Recipe Makes a Total of 2 Servings