Tuna is very convenient and always handy on-the-go! It is very lean and high in protein and essential fats, so we highly recommend adding it to you diet! Feta cheese is a also a great source of protein and high in calcium, which helps with proper muscle contraction. Make sure you choose the lowest fat variety of feta cheese that you can find.
Strength training is essential for gaining muscle mass, but without adequate nutrition, your body won't have sufficient fuel to build that mass. Pasta provides some of the macronutrients your body needs for both energy and growth. It's also a versatile food that goes well with meat and vegetables, whether in hot dishes or cold pasta salads. Pasta dishes can provide energy before a workout and help you refuel afterward!
Pasta is a rich source of carbohydrates. Food carbohydrates are your body's main building blocks for glycogen, the body's primary source of energy. Getting enough carbohydrates makes it less likely your body will have to burn protein as a fuel instead of using that protein for muscle building.
The carbohydrates in pasta are especially useful for providing the energy to you need before a strength-training workout. After your workout, both the carbohydrates and proteins in pasta help your body repair and build muscle!
- 2 Cans of 90g Tuna in brine, drained
- 30g Low Fat Feta cheese
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes
- 20g Pitted Black Kalamata Olives, drained
- 150g Pasta (your choice of pasta - can use wholegrain)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- ½ Red Onion, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Coarsely Chopped Parsley
- Spices: Basil, Oregano, Chilli
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions – boil and drain
- Top with feta cheese and canned tuna and stir
- Continue stirring until the feta cheese melts slightly and then top with cherry tomatoes, olives, chopped onion
- Spray with some extra virgin olive oil for more healthy fats
- Sprinkle on any desired spices or healthy condiments: parsley, basil, oregano, chilli
- Serve immediately
Recipe Makes a Total of 1 Servings