Eggs are extremelly healthy and perfect to eat in the morning to start your day! One egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and all 9 essential amino acids. They are a good source of choline. One egg yolk has about 300 micrograms of choline. Choline is an important nutrient that helps regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system. They contain the right kind of fat. One egg contains just 5 grams of fat and only 1.5 grams of that is saturated fat.
Eggs are also ideal muscle-repair food after a butt-busting workout!
This breakfast option is perfect when trying to put size on and grow those muscles!
- 3 Spring Onions
- 200g Potatoes
- 4 Pieces of Smoked Bacon
- 3 tbsp Macadamia Oil
- 8 Eggs
- 1 tsp English Mustard
- 85g Cheddar
- 2 Tomatoes
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Finely chop the spring onions and set aside. Thickly slice the potatoes (there is no need to peel them first), then boil in a pan of lightly salted water for 10 minutes until just tender and drain.
- Meanwhile snip the bacon into pieces with scissors. Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil, then stir-fry the bacon until it turns pink. Add the spring onions to the pan, stir briefly for a couple of seconds to slightly soften, then tip the bacon and onion into a bowl. Wash and dry the frying pan to make eggs next!
- Break the eggs into a bowl, then whisk with the mustard and a little salt and pepper.
- Grate the cheese and add half to the egg mixture with the cooked bacon, onions and potatoes. Gently stir to mix everything. Heat 2 tbsp oil in the pan; when it is hot, pour in the mixture, then stir a couple of times as it sets on the base of the pan to start it cooking.
- Turn on the grill so it has time to heat up. Leave the omelette to cook over a low heat for about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes into wedges, scatter over the omelette and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- When the omelette seems set on the base, but is still a little eggy on top, put the frying pan under the grill to cook the last of the egg mixture and melt the cheese. Cool for 5 minutes, then turn out of the pan. Cut into wedges and serve! You can serve with toast if you like for extra calories!
Recipe Makes a Total of 1 Servings