If you're bored of chicken breast and are looking for a delicious high protein meal to refresh your taste buds, you should definitely try this delicious Salmon recipe! Salmon is high in amino acids and full of essential fatty acids. It's also an incredible protein source and perfect for lunch or dinner!
You might look at the nutrition information for salmon and avoid it due to its fat content. The fat in salmon is considered the healthy kind, specifically omega-3 fatty acids, which help protect you from developing heart disease! Your body requires some fat to function, making salmon a good way to meet those needs. Salmon is also a good source of protein for healthy skin, hair and muscles.Protein also provides your body with energy.
Brown rice contains fiber, which aids in normal digestive function, promotes a healthy cholesterol level and helps you keep your appetite in check by digesting slowly and keeping you feeling full for longer.
Both salmon and brown rice contain B vitamins, which help your body use energy from your food, keeps your nervous system healthy and helps form red blood cells.
- 150 grams Salmon Filet
- Cracked Pepper
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- ½ cup Zucchini (75g)
- ½ cup sliced Snow Peas
- ½ cup Green Beans
- ½ cup Broccoli (70g)
- ½ sliced red Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce (18g)
- 1 Clove chopped Garlic
- 1 Medium whole tomato
- 150g Brown Rice, cooked
- Combine soy sauce, chopped garlic and red onion.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and place spray extra virgin olive oil
- Add Salmon and pour the sauce and spice mix on top.
- Cook salmon for approximately 5-7 minutes on each side until it flakes easily with a fork.
- While cooking, brush salmon with any excess marinade.
- When done, sprinkle with cracked pepper and serve.
- Using a chopping board and a knife, chop up broccoli, zucchini, green beans and snow peas
- Heat frying pan on low heat and spray with extra virgin olive oil
- Place zucchini, snow peas, broccoli and green beans into the frypan
- Add spices: 1 tsp basil and sprinkle of chilli flakes
- Cook vegetables for approximately 5 minutes, turning them frequently
- Once done, leave them to cool for few minutes and serve with Salmon!
Boil and drain brown rice and serve on a plate with vegetables and salmon! Enjoy
Recipe Makes a Total of 1 Serving